We have Parent Meetings each term which involve decision-making on the Centre’s policies, evaluation and development of the Program and discussion about general issues. They are also used to give you updated information and guest speakers come along from time to time. The Parent Committee is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
Communications with Parents
We value our relationship with families and have established a close rapport with many of them over a number of years. We have established a number of methods of communicating with parents to ensure the channels of communication remain open and strong. These include:
- Daily interaction between Educators and families where we exchange information and discuss their child’s day
- Monthly newsletters informing families of upcoming events, policy changes, program planning, community information, useful websites etc.
- Parent Meetings as mentioned above
- Notice Board where we display a range of information such as key policies, community information and services available, weekly menu etc.
- Parents pockets where we exchange personal information with you
Children enjoy having parents joining in on activities at the Centre. Wetherill Park Preschool welcomes parents and other family members to become involved by bringing their own skill to the Centre e.g. cooking, story telling, puppet shows, craft, sharing cultural background.
Relationships With Families
Relationships with families is a key component of EYLF and something that we take pride in. We have developed excellent relationships with our families over 35 years with many families coming to our centre due to ‘word-of-mouth’ recommendations of extended families and friends.